Humboldt Grassfed Beef
Lush, pristine pastures, fertile soils, cool summers, mild winters, and dedicated local family ranchers combine to make Humboldt County the ideal place for authentic grassfed beef. Cattle are raised without hormones or antibiotics while being allowed to graze naturally on perennial grasslands.
A dedication to stewardship of the land, cattle and the natural resources provided by the uniqueness of our climate ensures that beef provided by Humboldt Grassfed Beef is wholesome, healthy, and great tasting.
Humboldt County’s long growing season is ideal for raising premium authentic grassfed beef, ensuring our customers a fresh product year round.
Locally Grown, Locally Sold
At Humboldt Grassfed Beef we believe in gaining and maintaining the trust of our customers by providing healthy natural beef using local ranchers who share our values. Values like sustainable agricultural practices, humane handling, and a commitment to the local community.
Humboldt Grassfed Beef cattle come from ranches throughout Northern California from ranchers that have been stewards of the land and cattle for generations. Our partnership with these ranchers helps us to meet our goal of providing beef with the best flavor while being sensitive and respectful of our natural resources.
“Small family ranchers are an important part of Humboldt Grassfed Beef’s success. Our partnership with these generational ranchers and independent markets make our product a truly Northern California experience that our customers can be proud to serve to their families.” ~Lee Mora, Humboldt Grassfed Beef
The Humboldt Grassfed Beef Promise
We sincerely appreciate the trust our customers have put in us to provide them with a safe, wholesome, great tasting product. This is a responsibility we take seriously, and will always err on the side of safely and health of the animal over profit.
Our Commitment to our Customers:
Provide the Healthiest Natural Beef Possible
- As long time cattle producers, the care and treatment of our animals is our highest priority. Those of us who work with livestock know that animal care is more than simply good practice. It’s the right thing to do. We maintained the strictest of quality assurance standards, enabling us to provide our customers with safe, high quality beef they can be proud to serve to their families.
Gain and Maintain Your Confidence in the Integrity of our Beef
- As a family owned business, the people who own the cattle are providing the day to day care and treatment of the animals. It is important to us that our cattle are handled humanely. Each of us have participated in industry Quality Assurance programs, and we continue to educate ourselves about new handling practices.
- We strictly follow all USDA requirements for processing. All of our cattle are sent to a USDA inspected facility. This allows us to ensure that our cattle are handled both humanely and safely.
Provide Beef with the Best Flavor and Tenderness Possible
- All of our cattle are raised free range and are never confined. They are never fed antibiotics or synthetic hormones.
Be Sensitive and Respectful of our Natural Resources
- Raising market ready grassfed beef requires a higher plain of nutrition and necessitates a reduction in herd size. By decreasing herd size we are able to better manage health and increase the natural performance of our cattle while protecting the surrounding watershed and other natural resources.